Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Nov 8, 2012

In Search of You


Walking along the shore,
Holding onto Your hand,
Nothing to fear, 
Because I am secure, 
In Your hand. 

I see Your footprints, 
Next to mine. 
So I let go of worry, 
And start to run, 
Ahead of You, 
Going my own way. 

As I gaze into the dark sky,
My running stops
My soul trembles deep within me, 
I hear the wind howling. 
I look right next to me, 
And see no sign of You. 
Where are You, My God? 
Have I run too far? 

Than Your words reached out,
They called out to me.
A deep comfort flooded my heart.
Where can I go from Your presence?
Even if I make my bed in Hades,
You are there!
You are the All in all,
Your presence is felt in all creation,
Your breath sustains all life.

As I sat and pondered...
Staring above...
Seeking Your face in the stars,
They proclaimed to me Your majesty,
But in them You were not found,
As I looked at the majestic waves,
They proclaimed to me Your sovereignty,
But in them You were not found. 

I was saddened at Your absence,
Felt shunned from Your presence.
Then I heard You whisper,
Son, I’m never at a distance,
Look within, you’ll smell My fragrance.
Your heart is My temple,
So never tremble.

You are my child, created in My image,
I’ve cradled you in the womb,
I've carved you on My palm, 
I've nurtured you with love,
I've sheltered you under My wings,
And healed all of your wounds.
So, do not be afraid.
For I will never leave you,
Nor forsake you.

My Son, to see me.
Look within,
For I am Your Maker,
Your only true Father. 
Just believe deep within,
And hear My heart,
Beating for you,
For I abide in you.

Run back to Me, 
Through the night, 
Ignoring the noise, 
Enduring the cold, 
With My love and patience,
Weather through the storm,
And see My light.
Embrace My love,
With open arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment